As an IBM AS400 Consultant/Engineer, you will be working on AS400 projects with some of the key DB Best customers. You will be working together and managing a team of AS400 developers and support engineers in order to ensure a stable operation of the current system and the successful deployment of incremental enhancements.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Big Data (Hadoop) challenges
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities
- Work with and manage the current support team to identify operational procedures and best practices
- Employ continual service improvement through incident management metrics reviews
- Assist the team in troubleshooting to implement solutions/improvements needed for resolution or improved performance
- Develop, maintain, and update technical documentation and SOPs to help maintain support of the environment
- Perform system proactive maintenance tasks to avoid impacting incidents
- Update and maintain maintenance windows with the business
- Provide technical support and consultation to teams and customers as needed
- Perform architecture reviews, infrastructure design, maintenance, and support activities for the AS400 environment
- Coordinate infrastructure related changes with associated business units
- Help determine system updates needed as well as implementation of corrective actions
- Escalate issues for resolution to appropriate teams when necessary
- Run compliance and system health reports as needed
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive experience with IBM iSeries
- Experience working with technical customers
- Hands-on experience in IBM iSeries systems
- Hands-on experience with IBM CL programming
- Strong software development skills in at least one of: RPG, ILE or COBOL
- Experience building and supporting large-scale systems in a production environment
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for five years running with competencies in Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform and an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, we have the experience to make our customers successful.
DB Best has rapidly become one of America’s fastest growing companies, as recognized by our presence on the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2012. Originally started in Silicon Valley as a two-person team by Dmitry and Irena Balin, DB Best now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and locations in San Francisco, the UK, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
YOUR DREAM JOB NOT FOUND
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening?
Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at DB Best.
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.